Sunday 26 June 2016

See the Mighty Gygax at Lavecon - July 16th and 17th


No, not that Gygax! This Gygax, but the beast of an axe pictured, and I'll be bringing it with me to Lavecon this year, along with a range of products from my Old Ones Productions store:

http://www.oldonesproductions.com

This behemoth of an axe stands as tall as I am, and was built by Michael Craughwell. I learned of his passion for building extreme weaponry by watching a Discovery Channel show called 'Big Giant Swords'. After watching the first episode I contacted him to commission a giant axe of my own, and I'm extremely pleased with the results.

You can check out his other work on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Michaelcthulhu/?fref=ts

The name for the axe comes from three sources - the first is a simple contraction of 'Giant Axe'. The second is the inspiration for its form, namely that of a H R Giger style bio-mechanical beast. And of course it is a reference to the ultimate Dungeon Master - Gygax :-)

Lavecom started as a fan led convention for Elite: Dangerous - the game that I am proud to be the Executive Producer for. I've had the pleasure of attending each Lavecon since its inception. While the focus remains with the game, it has also expanded to include wider fantasy and science fiction elements. It's happening on July 16th and 17th, at Sedgebrook Hall, in Northampton, so if you're in the area come and pay a visit.

You can find out more about Lavecon here:

http://laveradio.com/lavecon-2016/


No comments:

Post a Comment