Tuesday 3 March 2015

Guest Author Interview - R.L. Henry

R. L. Henry joins me in this week's Guest Author Interview to tell us about her latest release 'Hybrid':

Click on image to buy from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I am a happy mommy of two and wife to an amazing hubby! Apart from being an Indie Author I am a full time sewing instructor and big time crafter. Last spring I built a greenhouse by hand for my garden to grow organic food for my family and dogs. I'm the happiest when I'm creating with my hands.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I was blessed with the opportunity to live overseas for 6yrs and found inspiration to write during my travels. My children were raised having tea in the British countryside, riding elephants through the jungles of Thailand and riding in helicopters over the vineyards of Australia. 

And where did the idea for Hybrid come from?
I developed the idea for Hybrid after visiting many ancient sites around the world and the alien theories which surround those places. In Bali I was able to walk into experience the magic of ancient temples and hear the locals stories of how aliens once lived among the people.

Which author do you most admire and why?
H.G.Wells has always been my favorite author. I grew up reading his work and developed an admiration for his creativity. His story The Time Machine was an obsession of mine in high school. I always knew I wanted to be a writer and create a world that would linger in readers minds, the same way his books stayed with me. 

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
I never know what my stories will develop into until I sit down to write. I surprise myself as the book unfolds at the keyboard. It is a thrill and the most rewarding part of being an author. I completely allow my imagination to take over, each page is a rush of excitement as I dive deeper in my creativity. 

And the most challenging?
I find marketing the most challenging aspect of being an Indie author. Being your own PR person is a bit difficult and sometimes very frustrating.

What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was The Maze Runner. I enjoy post apocalyptic novels and the struggle man is faced in such dark times.
What are you working on at the moment?
I am releasing my second novel, The Lady Raven, A Dark Cinderella Tale in late January 2015
I found inspiration for the book while reading the first edition of Cinderella. By the time Disney got ahold of the classic tale, they sugar coated the story into being a lovely fairytale for children when in reality it is a dark story of sacrifice and murder. 

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
Hybrid is a fast action SciFi novel about one man's journey into Pine Gap. A secret underground government base of unknown origin. There he encounters species X, two alien breads that have been at war for centuries. Agent Van finds himself wrapped up in the war when he falls in love with an alien hybrid, Annika. He must travel into Hollow earth to save the woman he loves, for Annika is the planet's only hope for survival. 

Please take a look at the Hybrid Book Trailer to see the adventure!
http://youtu.be/2Y9SIH1mvvE

No comments:

Post a Comment