Wednesday 1 October 2014

Blog Shout Out - Keely Brooke Keith

In this week's blog shout out we visit Keely Brooke Keith's author blog. Discover more below:


I’m Keely. I’m a writer, bass guitar player, and book-loving American girl. I started my blog in October of 2009 because I love to write, but I had no idea what to write. My blog was originally titled I Am Not Sure Why I Have A Blog. It has change a lot over the years--especially since the beginning of 2013. That’s when my husband challenged me to write the book I was always saying I wanted to write. I began to use my blog to tell about my writing journey, and in January of this year, with a completed and polished manuscript, I began to blog about my journey to getting published. That’s when my blog also became my author website and I changed the title to my name: Keely Brooke Keith.

My crazy publishing journey included signing a book contract only a couple of months into querying, getting dropped a few months later by that publisher, then getting offers from other publishers, and finally deciding to start my own small press and go indie. It definitely hasn’t been a normal publishing journey, and you can read about some of it on my blog.

Though my debut novel The Land Uncharted will be released in October, most of my posts feature other authors’ books--some of the authors are writing friends of mine, and some have simple requested a feature. Occasionally, I review a book on request and post the review. My most popular posts are about writing/publishing tips though the book posts with giveaways are always a hit. I plan to write more about my writing process leading up to my book’s release in October.

Check out my blog at www.keelybrookekeith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment