Monday 26 May 2014

Guest Author Interview - Therin Knite

Science-fiction author Therin Knite joins me in today's guest author interview, discover more about him and his writing below:


Click on image to purchase from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Hi! I'm Therin Knite, and I like to think myself a sci-fi author of sorts. I majored in Finance and English at a little college in Virginia, and I have job lined up near D.C. that should start this summer, which I suppose will be my "day job." So, I suppose I'm a "standard" writer, if there is such a thing.

What first inspired you to start writing?
Hah. I was sitting in a sweltering attic at my first ever summer job in high school, bored out of my mind, and suddenly...I had an epic story idea. So I started writing. And I have been ever since.

And what attracted you to science fiction?
A lot of science fiction concerns the possibilities for human society now and in the future, and that's generally what I focus on. What we can do with technology, science, etc. vs. what we should do. How things under our control and command, things that we create, influence us as individuals and as an entire species. Basically, I like the questions that science fiction raises.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history who would it be and why?
Aldous Huxley, because I'd like to ask him some questions about his work.

What is your favourite word?
Flabbergasted.

Where did the idea for your book 'Echoes' come from?
Well, after failing to write another sci-fi novel, I needed something fresh and new to work on. The first thing I came up with was the premise of Echoes, so I went with it.

What was the last book you enjoyed?
The Martian by Andy Weir.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm trying to break into mystery/thriller with a murder mystery novel. I'm also working on Epitaphs, the sequel to Echoes.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
Currently, Echoes is my only published work, but you can follow all my updates at http://www.knitewrites.com. I'm looking to have at least two more books out by early 2015.

Click here to purchase Echoes from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment