Saturday 4 January 2014

Murder Drabbles - Keeping Cool

The latest in the Murder Drabbles series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (check out www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk to sign up for their newsletter) and is copied below.

If you're looking for other short and flash fiction then come on by the Facebook group set up for fans of writers of those forms:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shortfictionreadersandwriters/

The rest of the Murder Drabbles series can be found here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

Keeping Cool

My heart stopped when I saw the two officers standing on my doorstep. I faltered for a moment; I almost succumbed to the urge to flee, but that calm voice deep within me counselled against making any rash decisions.

I listened to it, but my hand still trembled a little as I opened the door. They greeted me with officious politeness and asked if they could come in. In a voice that wasn’t my own I asked them why.

Nothing to worry about, just some routine enquiries, a few minutes of my time and they would be gone.

They lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment