Tuesday 29 October 2013

Murder Drabbles - Keeping the Secret

The latest in the Murder Drabble series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains Newsletter, if you haven't read the other drabbles in the series then you can do so here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

Keeping the Secret

The memory of that first kill captivated me for days. I recalled the scene over and over again. At first it felt fresh, but the memory turned stale, its image no longer vibrant.

I wished that I’d kept a trophy, some trinket to freeze the moment so that it would never fade.

And then it struck me, a way to store the treasure without the risk of keeping evidence. I’d always dreamed of writing and I learned of drabbles, a story exactly one hundred words long. A memory stored in the open as a story and no-one would ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment