Thursday 26 September 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Jonathan Mitchell

 I first interviewed Jonathan Mitchell back in March (you can read the original interview here) and I recently caught up with him to see what he's been up to since then, find out more below:


What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Nothing dramatic, but I've continued to write and am hoping to make available a small collection of stories in 2014.

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
I'm learning that the biggest problem for self-published authors is promotion: there's virtually no way for us to duplicate what even a small press is able to do. You can go the free giveaway route for a day or two, but that really doesn't draw any meaningful attention to your work. People download the book because it's free and...that's it. A few of them might actually read it, but will they give it a positive review or even recommend it to someone else? In most cases, no.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I'm always striving to edit more carefully, so in that respect I think I'm a better writer than I was when I finished my novel, "The Agent".

What are you working on at the moment?
A collection of stories that I call "Escape and Pursuit". Originally I had wanted to release them this summer, but now I'm shooting for January or February of 2014.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
My novel is called "The Agent" and it's available at Amazon.com's Kindle Store. It's dark horror with a hard-boiled flavor, and pretty damned good if I must say so myself. And it's dirt cheap!
The Agent is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment