Monday 30 September 2013

Guest Author Interview - L R Currell

Welcome to the beginning of a new week and with it the latest guest author interview. In today's interview I welcome Australian author L. R. Currell, you can find out what he has to say below:
 


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm an up and coming author from Australia who writes in a variety of genres specializing in captivating story lines and twists that hopefully leave the reader wanting more.

What first inspired you to start writing?
Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge"  For as long as I can remember I have always loved to write.  Writing has been the one constant in my life, the one thing I can relate to and the one thing I want to pursue.

Which author do you most admire and why?
Salman Rushdie. He isn't my favorite author by any means and I don't  agree with all his views but as far as voicing his opinion on what he believes in, well I have to admire that.

What is your favourite song lyric?
From one of my favorite band's Tool:

Before you point the finger you should know that
I'm the man, And if I'm the man, Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well...

Are you a planner? Or do you prefer to dive straight into writing?
Rough plan and then dive straight in so I get a bit of both if that makes sense but I'm not overly thorough on the preparation.

Where is your happy place?
A man's home is his castle

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Persevere, no matter what. If you are absolutely adamant that writing is what you want to do then the only thing to do is write. My other tip would be to quickly differentiate between constructive criticism  which will allow you to grow and just plain, over inflated crap.

Surround yourself with positive people, people who want to see you  succeed in achieving your dreams and go for it. You only get one life, you might as well use it doing the one thing you really want to  pursue.

What are you working on at the moment?
I have about 50 works in progress at various stages. I am trying to get myself out there, network and make great connections. I am trying  to get people to read my books and hopefully write stories that make readers want to see more of my work.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
I currently have three books out, they can be seen here:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7106966.L_R_Currell

http://www.amazon.com/L.-R.-Currell/e/B00CNJKXZ8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1372493776&sr=8-2

https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=L.R.+Currell&sitesearch_type=STORE

Books by L. R. Currell:

No comments:

Post a Comment