Tuesday 24 September 2013

Film Review - Blade Runner

Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time. I re-watch every few months and it's a great watch every time I see it. I love everything about it. The story is interesting and the cast fill their roles superbly. Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer in particular stand out. The only downbeat for me on this front was Leon, but that wasn't a big deal.

The world itself looks great on blu-ray and is still a visual treat. The future world feels authentic and the details pull you in, the opening shot of the city is simply wonderful. All through the film there are little details that add style and interest. It also blends high tech future, with grim reality that is still full of life.

The film's soundtrack is amazing, it suits the film perfectly, it's worth picking up for that alone.

I think it's safe to say that I love this film and if you haven't seen it yet then you owe it to yourself to do so.



To celebrate the 25th anniversary of iconic sci-fi masterpiece Blade Runner, director Ridley Scott has gone back into post production to create the long-awaited definitive new version. Blade Runner: The Final Cut is spectacularly restored and remastered from original elements and contains never-before-seen added/extended scenes, added lines, new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary, an all-new digital audio track and more.


Blade Runner is available from Amazon (and is a must watch)











1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Kelly a certified Movie buff. I would like to share my insights on the different movies that I watched in the past. Do you accept that kind of thing? You too can do the same to my blog as well. I hope to hear a positive response from you..

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete