Monday 25 February 2013

Guest Author Interview - Eric Dulin

Welcome to a new working week and what better way to spend a lunchtime than to read the latest guest author interview. Today we meet Eric Dulin.




Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm Eric Dulin, a senior at Liberty High School. I'm a South Korean/German/Irish mix and I love to write! I'm young but ambitious, and I've spent many years honing my skills. (Plan many more as well.) And I'm an author of 2 novels now.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I was just born with this innate desire to write. I don't think many people who write choose to: it just flows from them.

And what was your first story?
My very first story was about some people trapped on an island, and that's when I knew I just loved to write. Crafting worlds, characters, stories: it's something I wish I could do for a living.

If you could write anyone's biography, whose would it be?
I would write it over Lincoln, because I'd want to chronicle the true struggle he faced when trying to keep the Union together. It's still such a mystery what his true intentions were, if he even did what he did for his own beliefs.

Who is your favourite author and why?
Huxley in Brave New World, it's astonishing how someone back then could write such a complex piece of science that actually makes sense.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
When people love my work. It makes me feel that my work has a purpose.

And the least?
Editing. It gets very tedious, but nonetheless it is worthwhile and important.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Don't ever stop reading or writing. Doing it often helps you learn and develop your skills.

What are you working on at the moment?
A sequel to Condemned and a stand alone novel. I'm trying to revamp my first novel as well, so that it is "readable".

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
Condemned is my latest work, and it's essentially an action movie in a science fiction universe. It's available on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ACW37L0

Or my websites:
www.ericdulin.com
www.facebook.com/EricDulinAuthor

Thanks to Eric for sharing his thoughts with us, on Wednesday we invite Antonello Fiore to the hotseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment