Friday 9 November 2012

Guest Author Interview - Kathy Petrakis

Today we welcome Kathy Petrakis to the guest author interview, read what she has to say below:


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I am an Australian woman born to Greek immigrant parents, but now living in London. I grew up loving the performing arts but always been directed towards the more academic careers in banking.

For the last year, I have concentrated on my writing and hope to find a way to support this ongoing, while continuing with dancing, acting and singing classes!

What first inspired you to start writing?
I don't know. It's always been on my mind but something clicked sometime last year and this golden opportunity of time landed on my door step and voila! - the birth of a book series

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
Honestly, I don't have a favourite author. I love John Grisham as much as I like JR Rowling or Kathryn Stockett (The Help). Every author would add something positive to my writing whether they are professional or not and I greatly respect feedback from anyone.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
I love living in the world I'm creating. I cry when the characters are sad, I feel their happiness, their pain. For hours a day I am living in that world. That's what I love the most.

And the hardest part?
Editing!!! Once it's written, there is nothing worse than having to edit 85,000 words several times. I prefer the initial blurting of ideas. I have so many ideas, I can barely keep up with myself!

What advice would you give to new and aspiring authors?
Stop procrastinating and get on with it! Don't expect instant success especially financial success, it's not the right industry for a quick buck but great for creative expression.

What are you working on at the moment?
Once the official Nov 6 launch of the book is over, I want to finish editing my second book, the sequel to Passion and Pain - I hate that it has been sitting dormant for so long!

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
The current book is the first book in the Dancer and Divas series - Passion and Pain. It's FAME meets GOSSIP GIRL in a New York Performing Arts School. Enter a world where friendship, love, betrayal, envy and hope collide with talented students fighting for their dream on the stage and screen.

Dancers, actors, singers, writers, - all with their own gifts ……. and flaws.

Who wins, who loses and who plays fair?

This book is available on Kindle and soon, paperback, on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Pain-Dancers-Divas-ebook/dp/B009D4PNME

It is also currently listed on Goodreads.com 

Thanks to Kathy for sharing her time, on Tuesday we welcome Donna Galanti to the hot seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment