Tuesday 23 October 2012

Guest Author Interview - Brittney Woodson

Today we welcome Brittney Woodson to the guest author interview, you can read what she has to say below:

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Brittney and I live in Michigan. My occupation is that of a college student, studying Japanese and will eventually major in Film. I am also an author for the e-book Bandit.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I have always been interested in writing since my childhood. My inspiration comes from my heavy appetite for books. My imagination runs wild, especially whenever I am listening to music. Ideas ca even form from a simple word I may hear. Overall, books are what really inspired me to produce novels on my own for others to enjoy.

What is your favourite book and why?
Hm, this is a tough question. If asked this as a child, I would immediately answer with “Aesops’s Fables”. That was my then favorite book, due to the morals it had. My favorite book now is anything written by Sherrilyn Kenyon. In my opinion, she is a very good author and I enjoy all of her books. I currently only own two books by her, “Acheron” and “Bad Moon Rising”, but I plan to purchase more of her books in the near future.

If you could write the biography of anybody, who would it be?
Most likely, I would choose either Bruce Lee or Anna Tsuchiya. The reason why I picked those two is that I admire them both. Bruce Lee was an amazing person, not only was he a strong person and good actor, but he was a great philosopher. For those who do not know who Anna is, she is a singer, model and actor. Anna is someone who I admire for her individuality and staying true to herself. I would write an biography of those two.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
The most important advice I would like to pass on to any new or aspiring authors is not to give up. If you are passionate about writing, do not let someone deter you from it. Keep writing and when you feel as though you are ready to spread your wings, soar high and keep flying! Writing is an artful talent. When you write, do not just write because you are only thinking of the money and fame. Write because you want to and for the readers. It will come out as a greater reward in the end.

Are you a planner with your writing, or do you dive straight in?
To be honest, I am a bit of both. However, I do plan a bit more than I would just dive right in. I have notebooks filled with various different ideas that I plan to work on in the future. My process is mostly coming up with a concept, and then I start working on developing the characters and so on.

What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on promoting my volume one of Bandit. Also, I am working on revising Bandit vol. 2 and working on a few other projects that I plan to release soon. One is a short story and the other will be a series that will be released next year. For more information, feel free to follow my blog.
http://brittneycanna.blogspot.com/

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest work is titled, BANDIT. It is set in the 24th century, where in District 13, a family brutally massacred by a man named Cyrus Fate. The sole survivor is nineteen-year old Harley. She is determined to track down the murderer at any cost. When she runs into the most wanted fugitive, Axel Edge, she gives him an ultimatum. Either she turns him into the police or he helps her in finding Cyrus. With a sheer willpower, she convinces the wanted man to come along in her journey. However, their journey will be bumpy road. Running into violent gang members, police on the lookout for Axel, a flirtatious leader and a blooming romance and much more, Harley and Axel realize that they have a lot on their hands.

Thanks to Brittney for sharing her thoughts, on Friday we welcome Cherie Magnus to the hot seat.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for interviewing me. Despite the fact that I have removed BANDIT from Amazon (in order to better revise it), I appreciate you taking the time to interview me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries - let me know once it's available again and I'll post a link. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bandit sounds like a really thrilling story. Hope the revisions are going well!

    ReplyDelete